Monday, March 31, 2014

Why We Exist

If you made it this far, you are contemplating bringing your bike in for a tuneup.  I'll start by saying we'd be honored to work on your bike!

Beers For Gears started as a pet project for me.  My day job has me working a lot (but never more than I want to!) and I needed an outlet.  I've been out of the bike industry for a couple of years now and I miss the relaxation of spending time tuning up my bikes and the satisfaction that comes with having a well-performing bike (read: quiet the brakes don't rub and all the gears work).  Plus, I still have all my tools and a sweet work space in the basement.

My old workspace, New one looks even better! 
In looking around at available options for people, it became clear that in order to get your bike tuned up around here, you need to part with at least $60.  Having worked in bicycle retail and service for a few years, I can confidently say that most people don't need $60 worth of work done to their bike every year.  Most folks need air in the tires, the chain lubed, gears adjusted and a quick wipe-down.  Gee, just the stuff I love to do, and I have to say am pretty good at doing!

One thing I have also gotten pretty good at doing is finding new beers that I like.  And that has been fun!

So I decided to put those two things together.  I wanted to offer a resource for people who need simple maintenance done to their bike(s) and I also wanted to stock my beer fridge.

Therein lies the beauty of Beers for Gears.  You bring me your bike.  I fix it.  You compensate me in cash, beer or some combination of the two.   I have rates, and I can negotiate as well.  It's a pretty sweet gig.

A GREAT way to compensate me for my work

Beers for Gears is here to help people who don't want to go to a bike shop and get work done.  They are the people who prefer to support a neighborhood guy who gets the job done just as well.  The kind of guy who you would trust to work on your bike and then still throw back a beer with.  That's me.  I'm here to help.  And I'm good at both (working on bikes and drinking beer)

Most of my marketing will be done via Facebook, so if you haven't already, head over to our page and like us.  There you can set up appointments, comment on the work that has been done and see what we have been up to.  Feel free to subscribe to this blog as well.  I'll share repair and maintenance tips every now and again.

Looking forward to helping you keep the rubber side down.

RZ

No comments:

Post a Comment